700g white flour
140g butter, cubed
2 cups warm milk
250ml cheddar cheese, grated
10g instant dried yeast
1 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2) Mix flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a bowl.
3) Rub in the butter using your fingers until the mixture has a breadcrumb texture.
4) Pour in the warm milk and mix by hand until a soft dough forms.
5) Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about ten minutes.
6) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean paper towel and leave somewhere warm to rise.
7) When the dough has risen to double the original size, punch it down and shape into small fist-sized rolls.
8) Place rolls on a lightly floured baking tray and allow to rise again.
9) Once risen double, top with grated cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
10) Allow to cool before serving.