6l slow cooker/crock-pot
15 uncooked lasagna noodles
500g Italian sausage
900g canned or bottled Italian-style tomato sauce
400g ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tsp dried basil leaves
½ tsp salt
1) Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes.
2) Stir occasionally and cook until sausage is no longer pink; then drain.
3) Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
4) Mix one cup of the mozzarella with the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Refrigerate remaining mozzarella until step 11.
5) Spoon a quarter of the sausage mixture into slow cooker.
6) Top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.
7) Spread with half of the cheese mixture and a quarter of the sausage mixture.
8) Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and another quarter of the sausage mixture.
9) Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
10) Cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
11) Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining cup mozzarella cheese.
12) Cover and allow to stand until cheese is melted.
13) Cut into pieces and serve.