450g uncooked spaghetti
1kg lean minced beef
170g canned tomato paste
2 cups water
1 cup diced carrot
1 envelope beef and onion dry soup mix
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground thyme
50g Parmesan cheese (topping)
1) Cook and stir minced beef in a large pot over high heat until browned (about 5 minutes).
2) Stir in tomato paste, water, carrot, onion soup mix, granulated garlic, oregano, basil, and thyme.
3) Bring to a boil. Turn sauce down to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4) When sauce has finished cooking, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
5) Stir in the spaghetti, and boil.
6) Cook the pasta stirring occasionally, until cooked but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
7) Serve bolognese sauce over hot spaghetti.
8) Serve sprinkled with Parmesan to taste.