500g minced beef
170g spaghetti pasta
200g canned diced tomatoes
170g tomato paste
1 cup cottage cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
½ cup onions, chopped
¼ cup green peppers, chopped
2 eggs, well beaten
2 tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
salt to taste
1) Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
2) Drain and add margarine, parmesan cheese and eggs.
3) Mix well.
4) Line a 23x33cm pan with spaghetti mixture. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti.
5) In a separate pan, brown the minced beef.
6) Add onion, green peppers. Drain off excess fat.
7) In a separate pan, combine diced tomatoes, paste, sugar, oregano, salt and garlic.
8) Add meat mixture to sauce and heat thoroughly.
9) Spread meat sauce over spaghetti and cottage cheese.
10) Bake in oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese and bake 5 more minutes.