1 250ml olive oil
5 medium baking potatoes, peeled, sliced and lightly sprinkled with salt
½ onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
1) Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the potato slices – keeping them separated so they will not stick together.
2) Cook for five minutes on medium heat, while turning occasionally.
3) Add the onions and garlic and cook until the potatoes are tender.
4) Drain into a colander, leaving about 3 tablespoons of oil in the pan – heat the pan on high.
5) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt.
6) Add the potatoes, and stir to coat evenly.
7) Add the egg-coated potatoes to the hot oil in the pan. Spread them evenly to completely cover the base of the pan.
8) Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, shaking the pan frequently until mixture is half set.
9) Add a tablespoon oil to the pan and slide the omelette back into the pan on its uncooked side.
10) Cook until completely set.