350g smoked pork sausage, thinly sliced
6 large eggs
2 medium tomatoes, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped red or green bell pepper
1 ½ cups milk
1 tsp creole seasoning
¼ tsp black pepper
4 slices bread torn in 2cm chunks
salt and pepper
1) Heat oven to 180 °C.
2) Butter a 2l baking dish.
3) In a large skillet, cook sliced sausage with bell pepper and onion until vegetables are translucent.
4) Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl with the Creole seasoning, pepper and set aside.
5) Arrange bread chunks over the bottom of the baking dish.
6) Sprinkle with the sausage mixture and the diced tomatoes.
7) Top with cheddar cheese then pour the egg mixture evenly over the top.
8) Season with salt and pepper.
9) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned.