1 cup mixed vegetable (cauliflower, potato, carrot, french beans)
2 cups Basmati rice
3 onion, finely sliced
½ cup plain yoghurt
2 green chilies, finely sliced
2 tbsps vegetable oil
3 tbsps dried mix (cashew nuts, raisin)
1 tsp red chili powder
2 tsps cinnamon powder
2 tsps caraway seeds
4 whole cloves
½ tsp black pepper powder
½ tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1) Wash the rice well before cooking.
2) Cook the rice per pack instructions with 2 tbsps of dried mix.
3) Slice all the vegetables into small thin pieces and fry each vegetable separately in oil. Fry the peas also.
4) Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, green chili, cinnamon powder, caraway seeds, cloves, black pepper powder and stir for about half minute.
5) Add more oil if required, then add the onions and sautÃ© them for a minute or until turning translucent.
6) Add salt and red chilli powder and stir.
7) Add the fine chopped tomatoes and fry till they are properly cooked.
8) If you have a blender it helps to take the yoghurt and make it fine by putting in a blender for just 2 rotations. Add this fine yogurt and stir well. Heat it for about 10 seconds.
9) Add all the fried vegetables.
10) Add the cooked rice and mix well – but lightly in order to avoid breaking the rice.
11) Cook for about 3 minutes.
12) Garnish with coriander leaves.
13) Serve hot.