2 large portobello mushrooms
½ onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
250g fresh, washed spinach
2 tbsps olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
120ml olive oil
30ml balsamic vinegar
30ml soy sauce
1) De-stem the mushrooms, chop and set the stems aside for filling.
2) Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the portobello caps while preparing the filling.
3) SautÃ© 1 tbsp of olive oil with onion and garlic in a pan on medium heat until onions begin to turn translucent.
4) Add red peppers and diced portobello stems to onions and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
5) Add another tbsp of olive oil to pan and add in spinach leaves.
6) SautÃ© until completely cooked then remove from heat and set aside.
7) Place portobello caps on a baking tray and pile spinach mix into them equally.
8) Top with crumbled goat cheese and bake in a 190 °C oven for 20-25 minutes.
9) Serve on a bed of quinoa or brown rice.