400g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 small onions, thickly sliced
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp dried oregano
finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1) Place the chickpeas in a bowl and add the lime zest and juice, sugar, garam masala, cinnamon and oregano.
2) Stir to coat the chickpeas in the spicy mixture. Set aside for a few minutes.
3) Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat and add the oil.
4) When the oil is hot, stir-fry the onions until just beginning to colour, about 5 minutes.
5) Stir in the tomatoes, then add the spiced chickpeas.
6) Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.