500g minced beef
French dressing (homemade or manufactured)
¼ cup onion, chopped
½ head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
220g canned garbanzo beans, drained
½ cup radish slices
2-6 15g tortilla or corn chips packs
25-150ml sour cream
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
120g cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup pitted black olives, sliced
½ tsp dried oregano, crushed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1) In a frying pan on a medium heat, brown the meat and drain off fat.
2) Add a third of a cup of French dressing, onion, salt, pepper and oregano.
3) Simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Combine lettuce, tomatoes, beans, radishes and enough dressing to moisten.
5) Toss lightly.
6) For each salad (serving), serve meat mixture over tortilla chips.
7) Top with lettuce mixture, avocado, cheese, olives and sour cream, as desired.