4 large chicken quarters/legs
200g plain yoghurt
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tbsp tandoori spice powder
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground turmeric
1) In a suitable bowl, mix together the ginger, garlic, garam masala, ground coriander, turmeric, tandoori spice powder, lemon juice, oil and yoghurt.
2) Season to taste with salt.
3) Place the chicken in a non-metallic ovenproof dish and make 4 deep slashes in each piece of chicken.
4) Spread the mixture over the chicken pieces to cover.
5) Cover and marinate as long as possible (overnight preferably).
6) Preheat oven to 240 °C.
7) Place the chicken in oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
8) Serve hot with rice and lemon wedges on the side.