500g skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
150g bean thread noodles or rice vermicelli
1 small red chilli, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp rice wine
2 tsp brown sugar
1) Soak noodles in boiling water for ten minutes and drain.
2) Combine fish sauce, rice wine, 2 cloves of garlic and green onion in a bowl.
3) Add chicken and stir to coat with marinade.
4) Cover and marinate in refrigerator for one hour.
5) Drain the marinade.
6) In a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
7) Add remaining chilli and remaining cloves of garlic.
8) Cook until aromatic, about one minute.
9) Add chicken and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
10) Reduce heat to medium and stir in bell pepper, red onion, noodles, soy sauce, water and sugar.
11) Cook while stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes.
12) Remove from heat and stir in basil.
13) Serve immediately.