350g cod fillet, skinned
3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
125ml vegetable oil
1 egg white
4 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves, crumbled
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp Thai red curry paste
1) Place the cod into a blender or food processor with the fish sauce, curry paste, lime juice, garlic, lime leaves and egg white.
2) Process until a smooth paste forms.
3) Add the coriander and process again until mixed thoroughly.
4) Divide the fish cake mixture into eight. Roll into balls, then flatten to make small round patties.
5) Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
6) Add the fish cakes in batches, frying for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
7) Remove from the pan using a spatula and drain on paper towels.
8) Serve hot.