1 ½ cups zucchini, shredded
2 cups whole-grain pancake mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsps fresh lemon juice
icing sugar (enough to dust the muffins)
1) Wrap the grated zucchini in a couple of paper towels and squeeze to remove water.
2) Preheat oven to 190 °C.
3) Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
4) In a large bowl, mix whole-grain pancake mix with spices.
5) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, and lemon juice together.
6) Fold the shredded zucchini and the sugar-egg mixture into the pancake-spice mixture; do not overmix.
7) Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full with batter.
8) Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
9) Remove muffins from tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
10) Sprinkle muffins with icing sugar.