(HealthDay News) — Parents of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can help their children succeed at home and at school.
The U.S. National Institute of Mental Health offers these suggestions:
- Keep your child’s everyday items — such as clothing, toys and backpack — neatly organized.
- Create and maintain a consistent schedule each day for homework, meals, bedtime and other activities.
- Use organizers to keep homework in order. Encourage your child to write down all assignments, and to bring home all of the necessary books.
- Offer rewards and praise when your child behaves well.
- Communicate all rules consistently and clearly.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.