(HealthDay News) — Parenting a disabled child can be quite a challenge, but there are plenty of programs and services that can help.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for the parents of disabled children:
- Find out as much as possible about your child’s particular disability.
- Talk about issues and concerns with friends, family members or parents of other disabled children.
- Every state has a range of programs and services for disabled children and their parents. Learn which of them suits your needs.
- Join a support group.
- Stick to a daily routine.
- Take each day one-at-a-time.
- Take good care of your own physical and emotional health.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.