(HealthDay News) — Morning sickness is an unpleasant, yet common side effect of pregnancy. When episodes of nausea and vomiting become severe, it’s time to call the doctor.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these warning signs that morning sickness should be evaluated by a physician:
- Having nausea that is so persistent that you cannot eat or drink anything.
- Vomiting to the point where food doesn’t stay in the stomach.
- Vomiting blood.
- Fainting, feeling dizzy or losing weight.
- Urinating less frequently and having frequent headaches.
- Having a rapid heartbeat.
- Feeling extremely confused or fatigued.
- Noticing a bad, fruity odor to the breath or body.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.