(HealthDay News) — It’s usually tough to stop a toddler’s tantrum once it starts, so the Nemours Foundation suggests how to avoid one altogether:
- Give your child enough attention, especially when the child is exhibiting good behavior.
- Let your toddler have control over small decisions, such as what to eat or wear.
- Choose your battles; fighting over a small thing may not be worth it.
- If there is something your child can’t have, keep it out of sight.
- Offer your child toys and challenges that are age-appropriate, avoiding frustration.
- Don’t push your child beyond his or her limits.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.